September 22, 2010

Freedom From Speech

I've gotten to the point now where I will advocate for reinstating the fairness doctrine, or even going so far as revoking the FCC license of Fox Noise and the hate radio jocks. It's gone off the edge. We have people now using the public airwaves to sow hatred and violence in 20% of the populace against the other 80% of the populace. And they do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's a fire in a crowded theater situation at this point and it needs to be stopped.

I realize that this is an expressly anti-free speech position. But would the people who advocate for hate radio really stand as silent as we do if it was 24-hr a day anti-Christian radio, or anti-gun, or anti-God? There are people on the radio grouping 'everyone else' as 'liberals' and calling them 'vermine', 'sub-human' and 'suffering from mental disorders'. And we are surprised when radio listeners shoot up churches, blow up medical clinics and federal facilities, and threaten armed insurrection?

Where we are now is unsustainable. The country is ungovernable because of this onslaught of hate. And the people that spawn this hate are unable to control it. Something has to change, and soon.

Posted by jherr at September 22, 2010 12:46 PM
Bookmark and Share

Leave a comment